Wednesday 26 September 2007

Stop the Press!!!


Hi All

Today I had my "close up Mr DeVille" with the photographer from Quest Newspapers. Linda and Laura from Lilly Cottage were hosting high tea in the Rotunda where the Pink Ribbon Morning Tea is being held so the photographer came along and took a few scrummy pictures of me and Linda in our PINK. Now wouldn't we all love a pair of shoes like the ones above!!

I will hopefully be able to scan the article about pink ribbon when it goes in the paper. The journalist Lee Stebhens was lovely and he was keen to get it in as soon as possible so we could get as many people along as possible and raise heaps of money.

I have to say that I could get quite used to hosting and attending beautiful teas - morning or afternoon I'm not fussy.



I do want to do at least two more fund raisers in the next couple of months - one being for my friend Linda who suffers from MS and needs to get a few things to assist her on a daily basis. Her beautiful friend Marilyn has organised a wonderful raffle of a beautiful quilt that she bought from the USA. That raffle will be drawn on Friday by Linda and the proceeds should be able to buy a motorised scooter for her to get around in. She will be zipping down to the school, shops and waterfront in no time but more importantly she will be unstoppable at antique sales.

If you haven't had a chance to go to Lilly Cottage yet please do - you won't thank me however as it is highly addictive!!! Vintage, Shabby, French Provincial it's all there for you to pour over.

Sadly I won't get my fix next week of the girls or the shop as I will be away with the family at Lennox Head near Byron Bay. Looking forward to wine and nibblie o'clock (around 4pm) such a beautiful time of day on holiday and I will be thinking of all my beautiful family and friends.

I haven't been to Lennox Heads since William was 8 months old (he's now 8!). My darling Mum took my sister, aunt, myself and William to Lennox Heads on two holidays when Will was a baby and they are such beautiful memories for me. My old friend Penny had grandparents that lived there and we used to visit them when we were 19. It's a 6 hour round trip and we used to go and see them for the day - wow what energy we had. Penny also introduced me to the famous calamari steak (droooolll) I can't wait for Ian to taste it.

Well I have heaps to do yet before we go away - renovating the house at the moment too - whew!!! I had my first experience with enamel paint last night - it's like painting with chewing gum and a stick!!! I had to do the architraves in the kitchen before the new kitchen is installed (as soon as next week!). I don't relish repainting the entire house (especially all the doors!!!!) but I'm hoping Ian will take the kiddlies away for a weekend and I can do all the yukky enamel bits without them being here. Alexandra had her first experience of wet sticky paint last night - apparently it jumped onto her arm while she was in her bedroom - paint has a habit of doing that doesn't it. Oh well that's for another time - first holiday, second Pink Ribbon and all the rest can fall into place before Christmas.

Take care & kisses Trish x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you just the sweetest thing, thank you so much for all your lovely comments, about me and Lilly Cottage. I shall not show my husband the caravan shots I may never hear the end of it, he will be jealous!!! I would love love love those shoes, but I have a huge hoof and I am a flat shoe girl now (cause i would fall over!) Kiss noises Linda