Friday 12 October 2007

Our 11th Wedding Anniversary


October 12, 1996 at 3.30pm Ian and I were married at St George's Church in Birkdale. Afterwards we celebrated our reception at the Wellington Point Sports Club.

Tonight we celebrated by going to the Breakfast Creek Hotel, going for a drive around Newstead, New Farm and Hamilton and finished off the night with a beautiful ice-cream from Baskin Robbins.

Ian is so lovely - even pulled my chair out for me at dinner!!! We chatted about our dreams for the future and enjoyed each other's company. It was a fantastic night and thanks to Dave and Alison for having the kiddlies for us. Although, I do miss them.

I wrote him this poem for our Anniversary.

This is what you mean to me…….

My darling Ian
You are the sun in my day,
The clouds in my storm.
You are the life in my life;
My heart and my soul.
Your love knows no bounds;
Nor does it forget to give.
Always surrounded by your love,
Is the reason that I live.

Our treasured love grows each and every day;
I wake up in the morning and treasure all your ways.
You are my sun, my moon and sky;
You are my wings with which to fly.
Our love everlasting and growing each day;
I treasure you more in every way.

This poem was written for you on our Eleventh Wedding Anniversary
I love you My Darling.
Yours always Trish xxx

I look forward to the next anniversary and a hundred more.

Have a lovely weekend, we have work to do in the yard, dinner with the girls, William's Rugby League breakup/presentation and I have to remember to do before photos for the kitchen which starts to be renovated on Tuesday.

Kisses Trish x

No comments: